Saturday, October 4, 2008

Harvest is here...journal entry from Mom.

Just thought I'd share a quick story that happened tonight. I will begin by saying last weekend we were all home on the farm and Sophia wanted to look at the tractor book. It's a coffee table/hard cover photo book of tractors of all ages, colors, etc. Well, every time she and Grandma would come to a John Deere tractor, we would all say "icky" or "icky tractor" so that she will learn that we Simonsen's are all about red. I never grew up on a farm, but pretty much you are either red or green when it comes to farming. 
Tonight, Sophia, Miles, and I went to church. After church we went to the grocery store. In front of the store there was this display of pumpkins, hay, and various other things for fall. From the backseat I hear a beautiful, perky, and excited voice, "Icky Mamma! Icky tractor!" You guessed it, parked among the pumpkins and hay was a big John Deere tractor. I had to laugh. "That's right, Sweetheart, icky tractor!" 

No comments: